Current Opening: Science Teacher, 9th Grade
The Jalen Rose Leadership Academy, a member of the American Promise Schools non-profit charter management organization, seeks applications from teachers for all subject areas who will engage and inspire youth to achieve at the rigorous level necessary to ultimately graduate with a college degree. Duties and responsibilities of a teacher will include but are not limited to:
1. Outstanding academic achievement and student character development
- Live the American Promise Way and be the model of a renaissance learner.
- Create an aspirational, positive, achievement-oriented, joyful, and data-driven classroom that excites and invests students.
- Motivate student to reach and manifest high academic and behavioral standards.
- Build learning environments of respectful, achievement-oriented, optimistic, persistent, team-oriented, and joyful learners.
- Hold all students accountable for proper diligence and behavior in and out of school.
2. Professional learning, development, and growth
- Collaborate with Deans, Captains, Chieftains, Gurus, and other members of the school team to improve instruction, culture, and results.
- Utilize and maximize American Promise Schools’ Pacing Plan, quarterly assessments, data-analysis systems, professional development, and instructional strategies.
- Enthusiastically participate in formal and informal learning and development opportunities.
Skills and Characteristic
- Mission driven with extremely high standards for student achievement
- Indefatigable will and spirit
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong belief in the American Promise Way, mission, values, and model.
- Problem-Solving attitude with incredibly strong work ethic and humility
- A joy of learning and leading with a sense of humor
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- Professional level of personal organization and planning
- Willingness to respond positively to feedback with a solutions-oriented attitude
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for subject matter
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Two years of teaching experience highly preferred with a proven record of high student achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university.
- Possess or is eligible for a valid Michigan teaching license.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Teacher” in the subject line.
If you are hired to fill a vacant position, your employment offer will be contingent upon:
- Proof of your teaching credentials, if applicable;
- Successful completion of your background check;
- Clearance from a tuberculosis (TB) test;
- Verification of your identify and ability to legally work within the United States.